Thursday, January 29, 2004

"No. No self pity. I won't have it."
~The Miracle Worker.

I'm in this constant battle of just trying to be who I am, not push the parts of me aside that give me a hard time. But when I try to do that, and I have to face the parts of me that I loathe, it's very difficult not to run to those things that I use to just run over my problems. Oh, why can't I just let myself cry a good cry once in a while? Why do I fear being sad so much? Is it really that bad?
I wish I could convince myself that there is beauty in the valleys that I face. That sometimes it's good to be on a low. It's just that my highs are so high and my lows are so low. Sometimes I have a low and a high in the same day. Like today. And it's not even noon yet.
No, no self pity. I won't have it.

No comments: