Sunday, January 25, 2004

Lately I've been having issues with loving and getting close to people. I want to sing "I am a rock, I am an island" and just kind of hide away in my room with my computer and write stories about New Orleans. "I have my books, and my poetry to protect me".

But something I've come to terms with is that Jesus took a big risk in order for me to know that He loves me. He died for me. Honestly, that's just too profound for me to really grasp, but I'm starting to see it. Loving people takes risk--it means you are vulnerable and the more you love someone the more it hurts when they reject you. But if you think about it, Jesus loves us more than we could ever fathom, and we reject him all the time. He knows what it is to suffer for love. The reason he had to be crucified was because we rejected him. But he still went through with it, and we still sin against him and reject him. These are some of the things that Christians have to be reminded of again and again.

I'm tired of trying to protect myself from Love. I think that if you hurt because you love someone, you know what it's like to be Jesus, a bit. And what else is there to want?





No comments: