Saturday, January 31, 2004

I just came from rehearsal. It was a wild one. 6 hours long. And I have no food to eat! But it's okay, I will find something. Mmm, there ain't nothin' like a dinner of cheezits and nuts. Protein and... nothingness.

I'm pretty pleased with the work I did in rehearsal tonight. I got a harsh note from the director to begin the rehearsal that I have no energy at rehearsals. That scared me, because I used to be so full of energy. This semester is wearing me out. I feel like I have five jobs. A writer, an actress, a scholar, a theater student, and a sunday school teacher. But I know I'l get through it. I just have to remember being in High School, when I had 9 hours of school, dance classes, and then rehearsals. My days forced me to be out of the house from 7am to 11pm. I really think it's because of God that I could do it. I would give the day to him in the morning "I can't get through this! I'm tired and stressed." and at the end of the day I had accomplished all that worried me, and it all turned out better than I had planned it to. A good rehearsal, good scores on tests. I remember those days.

Imagine, not having other obligations than just doing a show. Kinda like my summer in Jackson doing Shakespeare. Gregory Hines (may he rest in peace) described his experience on Broadway in Jelly's Last Jam as hermitage... I don't have the choice to be a hermit during this show. I was a bit, in Jackson.

I wish I could be a REAL hermit right now... Have nothing to do but read books, make food, listen to music, and write stories. Being a hermit is impossible when you're in school.

No comments: