Friday, March 11, 2005

Quiz results

Here's the results from some quizzes I got the link from Ann Scharnhorst's blog. The first was to see what country I am. Of the 60 something possiblities of Nations that most resemble Nora Jean Bonner, I got:



You're
the United Nations!

Most people think you're ineffective, but you are trying to
completely save the world from itself, so there's always going to be a long
way to go.  You're always the one trying to get friends to talk to each
other, enemies to talk to each other, anyone who can to just talk instead of
beating each other about the head and torso.  Sometimes it works and sometimes
it doesn't, and you get very schizophrenic as a result.  But your heart
is in the right place, and sometimes also in New York.

face="Times New Roman">Take the Country
Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid



So... That's why I'm so damn patriotic these days!

Next, the State Quiz:
p>


You're Missouri!

An admirer of the works of Mark Twain and the steamboat lifestyle, you
are happiest when floating gently down the river. You have a strong sense of
independence, a reverence for saints, and even look up to discredited explorers. With all
these traditional influences, it's no surprise you're at the center of everyone you know,
and are even considered a gateway to the future. If only you could stop drinking the
world's worst beer, you'd be set.



Take the State Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



I drink Rolling Rock. I guess that's not really quality. The Mark Twain part is right.

Finally, the book quiz:
p>


You're The Poisonwood Bible!

by Barbara Kingsolver

Deeply rooted in a religious background, you have since become both
isolated and schizophrenic. You were naively sure that your actions would help people,
but of course they were resistant to your message and ultimately disaster ensued. Since
you can see so many sides of the same issue, you are both wise beyond your years and
tied to worthless perspectives. If you were a type of waffle, it would be
Belgian.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



All I have to say about that is HAH. I think that one was the most right on, was it not? Too bad I can't get through that book...

I guess I should post the link to these quizzes:
http://bluepyramid.org/ia/

Let me know how you do...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I thought the United Nations was most right on. trying to save the world. . . heart is sometimes in New York. . . they were all funny.

Lisa said...

(second attempt to post. apologies if i repeat myself)

I thought the United Nations was most right on. trying to save the world. . . heart is sometimes in New York. . . they were all funny.