Friday, March 11, 2005

Annex Part III

Today we had our most rowdy audience yet. I almost broke out of character during the Anne-Kisses-Peter scene, because each of their movements was interpreted vocally:

1) The bell tolls 9 o'Clock, and Anne is supposed to be out of the attic (where she is on her "date" with Peter)--the audience groans.
2) Anne moves past Peter and he doesn't kiss her--The audience groans louder.
3)Peter gives Anne a peck on the cheek--The audience groans even louder.
4) Anne gives Peter a huge smackeroo--The audience cheers.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at my crossword puzzle book, trying desperately not to laugh, or to discreetly glance at Seth the Stagehand who sits directly across from me, stage right (which would cause me to laugh more).

I'm noticing that it's getting a bit harder to focus during performances. Maybe I just need a break. Well, I have tomorrow off, a performance Sunday, Monday off, and then performances Tuesday through Friday. It's amazing how fast this process went by...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What time is the Thursday and Friday preformance? I want to come but this week is crazy...but we'll see if I can! Please call me to let me know...
-Christy