Sunday, May 30, 2004

Fritos

I need to put this story down.

So, I was working at the pit, and this lady came in with this big paper bag full of groceries. She kind of wobbled in, stumbled in, and she was eating Fritos; when she spoke to me, Fritos poured from her lips and were bunched between her teeth. She ordered a half jerk chicken, regular french fries and some coleslaw. Is that how you spell coleslaw? We just write "slaw". Anyway, when I came back up to her (she was in the upstairs porion of our restaurant and the kitchen is downstairs) she was ripping away at a salad she had in her grocery bag. She dropped an empty Fritos bag and told me that she wanted Fritos. I told her we didn't sell those but she could buy them at the diag party store. And then she walked out of the door.

My boss was pretty annoyed that I hadn't had her pay right away, but oh well. Ian and I got a free dinner.

No comments: