Thursday, September 22, 2005

Some more poems

I've been having a blast with the poetry forms book I stole form my mom. There was one entry about Alphabet poems. It told the writer to write a poem based on how a letter looks to us. We use ee cummings as a model:

e.e.’s:
who are you, little i

(five or six years old)
peering from some high

window at the gold
of november sunset

and feeling: that if day
has to become night

this is a beautiful way



I was amused with what I came up with (no where as lovely as ee's):

Who are you, little c?
Pac-man, I think
Chomping fruits and speeding up
Around the corners of your maze
You search for these,
For bananas and cherries
And oranges: more points for
A higher score.

When you’ve chomped a screen-full
You may move on, but careful
The higher the level
The more frequent are your ghosts.

No comments: