Sunday, September 18, 2005

one of those rants about being busy, skip if you like.

Well, I did it again. Got myself into a show. Or two, if your count the backstage area. I told myself I would take a break from theater. Meanwhile I start rehearsals for the neighborhood's Inherit the Wind on Tuesday, and I'm right smack in the middle of tech week for the JET show. They're running act II right now. I wish Palmer were here. Good news is, there's not much food in this show. Less dishes to wash. I wish I were doing props for Oleanna.

I'm busy enough to be in school again. I have JCP (last week) every morning next week at 6am. 3 days of babysitting, prep and class time for Hannan House. Meeting with a writer's group somewhere in there. Too much to do when I'm going to bed at 12am and waking up at 5. It's only Sunday night, not even the start of the work week and I want to collapse. But hopefully after this week I will be very very rich. For some reason, I'm doubtful of that.

Just this week is bad. Here is my schedule past that (you know, just in case you want to hang or something...)

Mondays: babysitting 11-5
Tuesdays: Hannan House, 12:30-2, I'll probably go there at 11 to prep, make copies, etc. Rehearsal at night
Wednesdays: Sitting for the Garrett's in the afternoon, JET or Park Players at night.
Thursdays: Writer's group in Ann Arbor at 4:15pm, JET show at night
Fridays.: babysitting 11-5, No JET show, Sun went down on the sabbath
Saturdays: 2 JET shows, 5pm and 8:30pm. So much for the sabbath. I guess the sun will go down around 6pm after daylight savings.
Sundays: Church and JET show or Players Rehearsal.

Oh my... will that actually be my life?

Keeping on the happy side, the gas prices have been falling...

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I'd be mad at you for being so busy, if I wasn't so busy myself. You definitely have me beat in terms of time commitment, though, so you'll have to let me know when you have some spare time for your friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm here, baby! i like how "working" together affords us time to hang out and smoke and drink coffee.

Nora said...

and steal bar mitzvah palm trees and eat brownies

Nora said...

what?!

Anonymous said...

I bet Joel thinks it's funny.

detroit joel said...

he does

Nora said...

It's over. Both of you...


(has anyone ever broken up over a blog before?)

detroit joel said...

that's how annie and i met our demise!!! i said "don't worry
blog your blog is all that blogs"
then she said "blog blog blog"
and socked me in the nose so i left
her for a spanish girl who at the
time was an unemployed monumentalist. now that the world
is filled with heroes and victims
she left me to follow her dreams.

Anonymous said...

I only dream of naked...Joel.

Nora said...

Okay, I do understand THAT Simpsons quote...

Good thing, too.

This commenting thing has gone on so long. As long as the JET play!

*That is, 2 hours and forty-five minutes.

Anonymous said...

longest...play...EVER.

Oh, dude! You missed it! Kahn was there last night. And he shaved. I hardly recognized him.