Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I think Niki wants to use "Is this love?" (Bob Marley) for his wedding... As Lisa recalls, that's the song that I chose for my wedding (which, admittedly, is a little less real to me as Jenni and Niki's...). I chose it... where, Lisa? In Oklahoma? Arkansas? Texas? Did I choose my wedding dance in Texas? In the car on Hwy 40. It made me so happy. I mean, look at the words:

"I wanna love you and treat you right
I wanna love you ev-e-ry day and ev-e-ry night
We'll be together, with the roof right over our heads
We'll have the shelter of my single bed
We'll share the same room, yeah, but Jah provide the bread."

If Niki persuades Jenni to dance to that Rastafarian love song (I will be surprised), I suppose I could use it too, twenty years later at my wedding. But if he does, I just want you all to know that it was my idea first!


No comments: