Wednesday, February 04, 2004

We lost a great actress from the show tonight. The Basement Board decided it was to risky to put someone with shingles and an resperatory infection on stage. It was so tragic. I feel really bad for her, all that work she put in. The director is taking over. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I'm extremely sad. Damn it.

Well, I had more energy at rehearsal than I have all term. I was happy about that. It will be nice to have an audience to laugh at our jokes. The girl who plays the lead is hilarious, which is good. I've never been in a show that was so shaky two days before opening. But one of our tech people said she's seen worse, so that was encouraging. It will be nice to see how we pull our shit together.

Who reads this? hopefully no one offended by swearing.

Oh, and one more thought for the night. Erinn got her Miss Saigon cds from her back from her sister tonight. So now we're listening and belting along. And you know what? The lyrics are terrible. And we listened to this when we were 11 years old. I can't believe my parents let me. And broadway hit musicals are so obnoxiously pop-y. But holy moses, are they fun to sing along to.

No comments: