Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Poetry Forms

(I am going through my mom's book of poetry forms. I was doing this before, in the US, but lost my disk with them on it. Woe was me... Luckily, I had posted many on this blog. Since moving halfway across the world lends itself as a nice fresh start, I decided to go through the forms again, from the beginning.

Feel free to take the forms and experiment with them. High heavenly rankings to those who post their poems in the comment section...)


1. ABSTRACT POEM

Experiments of pattern and sound
The meaning is secondary to the sound of the word
Can also be abstract based on density of images

Exercise Uno take a word and say it over and over until it loses its meaning so then the mind is focused on sound. Then write whatever comes to mind because of the sounds.

(Word choice: peanut)

The Plexiglas crack of finery
spews gross pleas into cherry tree smiles. The girls
forgot to love the sticky canvass of personality
and whisk the brisk bunny away. Many swish
across the velvet mud; the whole of happiness
stirs pudding in wooden hate, crying out to woven
pitfalls. Stopping. Cursing
the swords of saints,
generosity seeps deep into bowls of lemons.

No comments: