Sunday, October 23, 2005

a small dabble to keep the blog moving

I just realized that it's been weeks since I added to this thing. Part of this is due to the fact that I don't get to the internet much anymore. The JET show is done and now I spend most of my time in rehearal for Inherit the Wind or The Wizard of Oz at the Ant.

I sang last night at a benefit concert for the Convenant Community Care, which is a health center that treats people without insurance. I sang back up for Chris Martin's band--my uncle Paul and Aunt Donna and Frank Oakley. It was a good time. It made me want to get back into my own music, which I'm a little annoyed that I don't have much time for.

I seem to be seeing a lot of music lately. I don't know how I have time for it. I saw Blanche at the Magic Stick a couple weeks ago. Tomorrow night I'll have had the U2 experience. On the 8th I'm going to see Jeff Tweedy (of Wilco) in Ann Arbor. And on the 2nd I'll get to see Over the Rhine at the Ark in Ann Arbor.

I have 6 mins before I have to get to rehearsal. I have stories to tell, I guess they will have to wait.

2 comments:

detroit joel said...

hey thanx for inviting me to the concert... i had a great time. you sing real purty!

Anonymous said...

Nora, what's your ID on Livejournal? I need to add you to my friends list, because you're missing out on most of the entries (most of them are "friends-only" these days). You have some catching up to do.

I heard from my mom that the concert was wonderful. Wish I could've seen it. Love you.