Monday, October 03, 2005

Hurray for Hawk

Joel's friend John Hawkinson (Okay, he's my friend too) got us tickets to see the White Stripes o Sunday night. We went to the Masonic Temple, which reminded me of my rebel days sneaking around that haunted place (if I wake up dead tomorrow, you'll know it's because a mason reads this blog). The duo was fantastic. I really want the new album now. I was so ignorant about them--I thought that there was more people in the band! That's because all I knew about them were a) what I heard off an album I stole from Nate for a couple of months and b) the three disk on a tape compilation my brother left in my house that I listened to driving around last summer, c) that jack white used to date renee z. and d) he just got married to a super model and e) he kissed my Aunt Faith when she was five. I didn't know he could get all that sound out of one guitar.

Hawk claimed to know Marty and Ian. So did this accompaniment--Julie somethingorother who recognized me from my old talent agency. Weird!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!

It is also interesting that the word Somethingorother contains all of the letters in Julie's last name, in order, but not consecutively.

detroit joel said...

Julie Smith

Nora said...

Oh... Thanks Joel