Friday, August 26, 2005

Currently Reading

I started THE GREATER TRUMPS yesterday. A Charles Williams book. Williams was one of the inklings, along with Tolkien and Uncle Clive and Dorothy Sayers. I had the hardest time getting myself to put the book down so I could go to sleep. It's about the original Tarot cards. Weird as Wonderland. Okay, maybe not that weird.

(I watched the Disney Alice and Wonderland with the girls I babysit today and it was WEIRD. I'd forgotten. And there's a hookah in a Disney movie! A symbol of Carroll's drug induced derraged mind while writing the book. Well, we didn't watch the whole thing. The girls --Olivia age 3 and Hannah age 6--got bored after the Cheshire Cat made his first appearance. Did I ever mention on here that I picked up a bi-weekly nannying job?)

No comments: