Thursday, December 16, 2004

To Quote John Garrett...

Today I babysat John Garrett (2 years old) and as soon as I got there he asked me to read him some books. We read one called Corduroy's Christmas Flip the Flap book or something like that, where you flip open the little flaps to reveal the illustrated Christmas joys. On the first page, you had to "open" Corduroy's Christmas decoration boxes and try to find the angel to go on top of the little bear's Christmas tree. As John opened the boxes, he would yell out what they contained:
"Angel!"
"Candy Canes!"
"Vitamins!"

Vitamins?

"No, John, those are ornaments..."

"Ornaments!"

2 comments:

Emily said...

My first comment on Nora's blog! ... and I have nothing profound to say. I love the idea of the Flip the Flap book though... Can you imagine an adult version of this, about what Christmas is about? Flip. "Consumerism!" Flip. "Perfect-Gift Pressure!" Flip. "Pro-greed, ignore need!" Flip. "the skankiest little black dress to be had!" Hehe... that last one is in another world for me; admittedly, all the others exist in my plane. My Lord, I'm turning into a grinch.

Nora said...

You THINK you're a grinch now, but try working at the mall at Christmas.