Monday, March 10, 2003

Hey, guess what... There are stories in the middle of Isaiah! We serve one bad-ass God. Listen to what He told enemy forces that thought they were more powerful than God: (I edited it a bit... you should get the drift.)
"By your messengers you have heaped insults on the Lord.
And you have said, 'I have ascended the highest mountains... I have cut down the tallest cedars... I have dried up the streams of Egypt'...
Have you not heard? Long ago I ordained it. In days of old I have planned it; now I have brought it to pass."

and here's where the bad-ass part comes in:
"But I know where you stay and where you come and go" I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE says God!
But because you rage against me, and because your insolence has reached my ears, I will put a hook in your nose and my bit in your mouth and i will make you return by the way you came"

ouch! Don't mess with God, that's all I have to say. But isn't a comfort to know that we serve a God with that much power? Weapons of mass destruction? Think of what one angel could do! (that's harry martin).

No comments: